Sunday, October 28, 2007

I am ready for my close up Mr. DeMille.....



So, if you know me, you know that I have been sweating my 20 year High School Reunion which is coming up in 2008. First because, I have a real hard time accepting that it has been 20 friggen years since I graduated and second, I have been carrying around all this time all the angst, anxiety and general annoyance that high school is. I have recently realized that for the good, the bad and the ugly of it all, those events shaped and helped to make me the person I am today.






It occurred to me that I should be excited about this and not dreading it because this is the perfect opportunity for me to go and leave all that frustration at the door. It will be a cleansing of sorts because I am not gonna bring that crap back with me. It is time to let it go and I am finally ready.






Of course, the preparations are already underway. Obviously loosing weight is pretty high up on the list of things to accomplish over the next 10 months and there is a plan in motion. To assist me in this adventure I have roped in the assistance of two of my favorite things. 1. clothes 2. shoes. So, do you want to see my outfit for my reunion? Of course you do!






Here are the shoes that I will wear. So they are Nine West and not Chanel, but they are really pretty and I think they will go quiet nicely with my dress.........


Yes, I have recently Purchased these items and of course the dress is many sizes smaller than what I currently wear, but if it was not, then how could I use it as my inspiration silly!
The year of 2008 is going to be the year of Auntie Sugarbush. It will be in 2008 that I finally kick the mangy little monkey off my back and quit smoking for good. It is also the year that I will finish my degree in Organizational Management and Behavior, purchase the car I have been dreaming off, get healthy and pay off most of my debt. Throw in letting go of all the high school drama and you have them makings of a very good year.

8 comments:

Elisabet said...

If I'd gone to either of my reunions, I wouldn't have had to worry about wearing a dress since all my class did was have a kegger on the beach. And I think that explains why I've never gone! And, I really didn't like my class. I'd rather not rehash all the old shit and try to relate to people who NEVER left the area.

Michelle said...

The Year of Auntie Sugarbush....is that anything like the Year of the Rat?

You Know My Name said...

Yay for you!
This is super exciting. The dress and shoes rock.

Wayward Dork said...

I'm super excited for you babycakes! You rock! :) xoxo

KathySRW said...

I hope you will go and have a blast at your 20-year! I know I did! Your dress looks gorgeous! For best results, just ask everyone what they're interested in now, and not what they remember from 20 years ago. And your shoes are great, too!
Love Kathy

Alison Chains said...

Love the shoes and the dress. You will look fantastic in them. You have the right idea about forgetting about all of the drama that high school was.

Alison Chains said...

Oh yeah, this is me, Peggy

Letizzia said...

That outfit is great... don't you think it could be too much for a school reunion? :)
You'll be the most elegant!!!!
And your proposals for the new year are simply GREAT... I wish you to success also wherever I won't (I won't be able to quit smocking, I'm sure!!!!).
Every astrologist say this will not be my year, so I'll try to survive till next one... just 11 months ahahahaha!!!
A big hug