Friday, October 26, 2007

I have crossed over to the dark side

As the years have passed I have gone from obsessing over my weight to obsessing over my skin. In the past several years I started to notice things that were not there before. Things like creapy skin under my eyes and discoloration on my face. My pores seem to just keep getting bigger and bigger and then it just became too much for an idle mind to bear. I knew that all the potions and creams in the world were no match for this because they were all in my bathroom taking up valuable real estate. I tried it all, from the crunchy organics to the wonder cream Le Mer and I have to tell you, they all pretty much did nothing.

So I took my first step, I has a series of photo facial treatments followed by microdermabrasions. There was some improvement, but I wanted IMPORVEMENT and they were kind of costly. I then decided to change my skin care routine and tossed out all the old miserable failures of products and cleared the way for new and exciting potions.

I tried to focus on keeping further damage at bay, discovered the wonders of eyebrow threading vs. waxing and was trying to make peace with my face. One day, next door to the place where I get my eyebrows done, a miracle happened. Afterglow Medical Spa opened it's doors and I was lured by the sweet siren of Botox which promised me that it would conquer my forehead butt (the annoying crease between my eyebrows that no potion could touch). I fought the urge but eventually gave in to the sweet song and handed over my credit card. Dr. Falvo (who rocks) talked to me and gave me the honest low down truth that I needed to hear. She could fix me. How could I say no? I mean, yeah I know that I PAID to have toxins shot into my face, but, IT WORKED!

I am not afraid to admit my deep admiration for my new friend Mr. Botox. I also gave myself a birthday present of a series of Jessner Peels and I can not tell you how happy I am with the results so far and I still have 4 more treatments to go!

It is official, I have become a fat, vain, bitchy girl, but I have never felt better about myself!

No comments: