Sunday, October 28, 2007

Five Things

My Friend Michelle L tagged me to tell you what I want to be when I grow up. She so eloquently stated that myself (and several others) " the rest of you lazy asses clearly need some ideas".

'Write five things you want to be when you grow up. Big dreams that seem like folly, but in your heart of hearts are very real and dear to you. Things that maybe you have forgotten about in the ebb and flow and toil of the everyday, but that never really leave your soul. What you would do if anything was possible?'

1.Writer for Rollingstone (o.k. so actually I wanted to write for SPIN): Well technically I wanted to be a rockstar, but since I have no musical skill other than then ability to know what is good and what is crap, I went to the next most logical step, to write about music. I figured if I could not be one, I could still hang out with and write about them. Journalism school left me with a twitchy feeling and an extreme dislike for tequila. I hated the competitiveness of it all and lost interest.

2. An actress: I did the drama thing, I did the choir thing and well, the sad sad truth is I think I am far more talented in my own little private reality then I would ever be. Of course the whole competition think comes into play and I think we have already established that I am the anti-competitor.

3. Disgustingly wealthy: I actually have good taste in things, unfortunately these things are normally well outside my realm of reality. I wanted to be fabulously wealthy (and still do) not just for the me, me, me part of it, but because I would love to be able to contribute more to charity and possibly start my own group to help those in need. Despite what you may think or have heard, I am actually a very giving person. I just wish I had more to give.

4. A Chef: In my mind I love to cook and bake, although I am not as good at it as some people. Like Michelle L. I love food, and I would love to be able to study and master various cuisines, however, I am not gifted with domestic abilities.

5. Then next multi-million lottery winner, a fantasy I relive twice a week every week. Hey, a girl can dream!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Haha! I love how TWO of yours include simply becoming disgustingly wealthy!

Elisabet said...

You can write music reviews right here!!! And I, too, want to be disgustingly wealthy! I want to roll in the money ;)